It’s that time of year again, Camp NaNoWriMo, where beginners and experts set their own personal writing goals for their various projects. I will be participating again this year (my 3rd year)! I completed my goal last year of 10,000 words in the July ’16 Camp NaNo. I’m looking to achieve my goal again this year as well. You can learn all about Camp NaNoWriMo here.
Counting the Hours
This year I am shaking it up with an hour count instead of word count. I have set my goal to 30 hours, 1 hour each day, to write. This is one of several new features for Camp NaNo. I want to use Camp NaNo not only as a fun, creative outlet, but to aid in creating a practice of writing every day.
Short n’ Sweet
What will I be writing? Short stories! This is a new writing adventure for me, but one I’m excited to tackle! I’ve selected to do three short stories all in horror/supernatural genre. They are as follows:
- Sadie, an amateur nature photographer, becomes intertwined with two monster hunters, but they soon find themselves the hunted prey.
- Annalise moved into her first apartment! She has the cutest decor, furniture and knick knacks. However, an interesting, exotic plant catches her eye that she MUST have! Annalise is no green thumb, but are plants supposed to consume raw meat?
- Khellan has lived his life by the way of The Stones. It is how all the people of the Elbert community live their lives. However, when an elder does not report for The Winnowing, the community begins to unravel.
- To write one hour every day for 30 days.
- Start (and complete) three short stories.
Are you participating in Camp NaNoWriMo? What are you goal(s)? Taking on a new project or old? Any tips or tricks? Share in the comments down below as I would love to read them!
Until next post,