Seasonal reads is a list of books I have chosen to read for a particular season. Below you will find the books I have selected along with the month I will be reading them. Feel free to read along with me or share your seasonal reading list! You may also find my list on Goodreads here.
1. Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
2. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert*
3. Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi (DNF)
4. The Girls by Emma Cline
5. Hystopia by David Means
1. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown*
2. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
3. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
4. Traitor’s Blade by Sebastien de Castell
5. 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-Life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler (DNF)
1. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Savannah Story by John Berendt
2. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
3. The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
4. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
5. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
I normally do not read this much, but I couldn’t narrow my list any further (so many good books to read!). Also, I see this summer as a last hurrah for pleasure reading as I start graduate school in the Fall and I suspect my reading for fun will drop quite drastically. I do however, plan to read at least one book (not tied to my classwork) per month when my classes start and I will have a Seasonal Reads for Fall as well!
What are you reading for the summer? Have you already read some of these books?
Until next post,
Nose in a Book Nargle
*Denotes book has been picked for the monthly read of a book club.